There is another Meng Wenzhou from China in jail in US. Bandits that can’t afford to lose.
I was surprised that the US government asked chip manufacturers such as TSMC, Samsung Electronics, SK Hynix and Intel to submit confidential information on November 8 to find out the reasons for the global chip shortage. Why?
Reminds me of the 1980s when Japan’s semiconductor market was the world’s largest. The US government forced Japan to open up its intellectual property rights and successfully suppressed Japanese industries. It also joined forces with Britain, France and Germany, signed a plaza agreement with the Japanese government, and jointly intervened in the yen’s devaluation. After 20 years of being lost, the United States has won!
In September 1997, Yang Binyan, the founder and chairman of Taiwan’s leading tape leader Siwei company, went to the US to visit the US Open tennis tournament. He was arrested by the FBI at the airport and accused of stealing business secrets from the US firm Avery Dennison. In 2000, the US court sentenced Siwei to The company should be paid 60 million U.S. dollars, and Yang Dong was also detained for six months. The truth of this case is that the U.S. businessmen cannot beat Taiwan, so they set a trap and convict, and the U.S. won again!!
In the 2010s, my country’s panel industry was vying with South Korea and Japan for the world’s number one position. The US Department of Justice accused Chi Mei, AUO, and Huaying for violating Anti Trust (anti-trust laws). A group of industry executives and elites were jailed by Luo Zhi:
1. Chi Mei Electronics He Zhaoyang (the then deputy director) was sentenced to 14 months in prison and 369 days in prison in the United States; Guo Zhenlong, vice president of operations, Yang Zhuxiang, director, and Huang Wenhong, general manager of Chi Mei Logistics, each sentenced to 9 months, and the company paid a fine of NT$7.1 billion.
2. AUO Jian pleaded not guilty and was fined 500 million US dollars. Deputy Dong Chen Xuanbin was imprisoned in the United States for 2,343 days (6 and a half years), and Xiong Hui, the former general manager of Jiasda, also served 30 months in jail.
3. Huaying pleaded guilty and negotiated and fined 2.1 billion Taiwan dollars. Former chairman Lin Zhenhong, special assistant Liu Zhijun, and vice premier of business Li Xuelong were sentenced to 9, 7, and 6 months.
4. Wu Ruihong, the former marketing director of HannStar, was accused of manipulating LCD panel prices and sentenced to 7 months in prison.
5. In 2013, Sabre Lee, an American auto parts dealer, sued the three car light factories of Dibaodi Weixi Longfeng for violation of Anti Trust because it was unable to beat Taiwan. As a result, Dibao President Xu Xujun pleaded guilty to 9 months in jail, and the family lost 2.5 billion Taiwan dollars.
U.S. only winner!!!
All of the above are unjust cases, only because technology or business threatens American manufacturers. Each case brings great and long-term pain to the parties, their families, and the company.
Taiwan’s HTC is the pioneer of smart phones, and Apple is still behind. In 2011, Apple initiated a smart property lawsuit against HTC. After 32 months, the US market was banned, and the European market was also banned (much like Huawei).
VIA is an IC company in Taiwan. It used to be the world’s largest independent chip design company. In 2000, it challenged Intel successfully and won 50% of the global market. However, in 2008, the US Department of Justice found that VIA assisted the mainland government in monitoring Falun Gong as an excuse. , Initiated a lawsuit, fined, and as a result the market was snatched by Intel, and talent was drained.
Again, U.S. still the sole winner!!!!
Alstom, an excellent energy company in France, threatened GE in the United States. As a result, Frédéric Pierucci, the director of the Group’s boiler division, was arrested at the New York Airport in 2013. He was charged with bribery in Indonesia (even if Really, what does it matter to you in the United States?), facing 125 years in prison, the US Department of Justice imposed a huge fine of 772 million U.S. dollars. The core business was also “forcibly acquired” by its main competitor, General Electric of the United States. The United States obtained control of the French nuclear power plant. The current President Macron was at the time the Minister of Finance and Economics, and he was helpless. The U.S. has won again!!!!!
Pieruzzi took his own painful lessons and published the book «Le Piège américain», which was translated into “The American Trap” in English, and the subscript was My battle to expose America’s secret economic war against the rest of the world. The title of the Chinese version of the book “American Trap”, the subscript was translated into “How the United States Use Non-Economic Means to Disintegrate Other Countries’ Commercial Giants”, which aroused enthusiastic responses in mainland Europe and Taiwan.