This one is mainly going out to those of you who are based in or around Toronto, Ontario (Canada!)!
We are casting for our new short film! Please see the video for details, but if you want the breakdown, here it is:
– We are casting for acting roles in a short film with an all Deaf cast.
– You must have availability between 11th and 30th September for rehearsals, fittings and filming.
– All acting abilities welcomed; experience is good, but not essential.
– Casting for the following period / historical roles (for scenes set in 1880):
– Lead role! Brave Deaf advocate character. Female 35-60 years old.
– 6 male delegates to the 1880 Milan Conference, ages 35-60 years old.
– 1 strict female teacher
– 2 male police officers
– 7 children for classroom scenes aged 7-11 years old
– Other background acting roles available for anyone interested.
– If you are interested in auditioning, please email OldMotherTongue2020@gmail.com or contact Mark Trifunovic, Ali or Thurga through Facebook. Please include a photo of yourself in your message.
– If you are curious or hesitant about the project but want to learn more, we will be hosting an online Zoom Q & A on Saturday 1st August at 2pm for 30-60 minutes. Tune in to see director Mark Trifunovic in conversation with Producer and star Ali Saeedi, moderated by Thurga Kanagasekarampillai.
** After you have contacted us with your interest in being involved with the project, we will schedule an audition for you, telling you the exact time and place to go for your audition. **
Thank you! Speak soon!